On the eve of Connect Care implementation, Alberta Health Services has overhauled its universal privacy awareness training. A new online elearning module, called "InfoCare - on our Best Behaviors" is now available on MyLearningLink.ahs.ca (MLL). Although this training is required of all physicians prior to gaining access to Connect Care, the immediate "soft launch" gives opportunity for physician leaders to test for problems and report to the CMIO portfolio so it can collate issues.
It is especially important that physician informaticians assess InfoCare before it is announced for all physicians. MLL is most commonly used on AHS computers in AHS facilities. However, physicians are more likely to complete the course on personal devices outside AHS facilities.
The MLL user guides do not offer much help for non-Windows browsers or for users of Apple computers. Accordingly, the CMIO portfolio will consider feedback and prepare tips specifically for the physician community.
- Go to MyLearningLink.ahs.ca (we recommend the Chrome Internet browser for those who do not have access to Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 or 10).
- Sign on with your usual AHS credentials
- Search the Course Catalogue for courses containing the word "InfoCare"
- Register for and complete the course online
- Verify that your confidentiality and user agreement is accepted and the course is marked as complete.
- Send any error reports or other feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org (medical informatics program)