We've previously posted about the current series of Super User Development Sessions offered in the weeks leading up to Connect Care Launch 4 on May 28, 2022.
The last session of the series will be integrated into the Super User boot camp that runs May 26-27, 2022, and is facilitated by David Pincock, Tom Rich, and Tim Graham. This "kick-off session" will focus on launch supports and tools that Super Users can leverage to help Launch 4 users. The first offering of the kick-off session will be on May 26 (10:00-11:00), and will be repeated on May 27 (10:00-11:00) (only one session needs to be attended).
The kick-off session will be followed by track-specific breakout sessions, scheduled over the two days of the boot camp. Each breakout session will cover the top items a Super User needs to know, as well as provide a forum for asking questions and an opportunity for demonstrations. All sessions will be held on Zoom and recorded.
Key pre- and peri-launch information for Launch 4 Super Users can be found in a newsletter, linked below. Topics covered include:
- Using MS Teams for communication with Trainers, CMIO staff, and other Super Users
- Super User Bootcamp (May 26-27, 2022)
- Virtual and on-site drop-in centre details
For site drop-in centre information specific to zone, click on the relevant version. Note the drop-in centre times and locations included in the newsletters may change - please see launchhelp.connect-care.ca for up-to-date info.
We've previously posted about the current series of Super User Development Sessions offered in the weeks leading up to Connect Care Launch 4 on May 28, 2022.This week's 1-hour webinars on Tuesday May 3, 2022 (12:00 and 16:00, via Zoom) are facilitated by Stuart Rosser and Tim Chan, focusing on complex workflows (especially referrals and consultation), as well as admission discharge and transfer navigators.
We've previously posted about the current series of Super User Development Sessions offered in the weeks leading up to Connect Care Launch 4 on May 28, 2022.This week's 1-hour webinars on Tuesday April 26, 2022 (12:00 and 16:00, via Zoom) are facilitated by Chris White, focuses on in-system dictation and voice-activation with Dragon Medical One (DMO) and mobility apps.
This week's 1-hour webinars on Tuesday March 29, 2022 (12:00 and 16:00, via Zoom) are facilitated by Steven Turner, focusing on managing In Basket and other communication workflows.
This week's 1-hour webinars on Tuesday March 22, 2022 (12:00 and 16:00, via Zoom) are facilitated by Stuart Rosser, with a focus on outpatient workflows and personalizations. Demonstrated tips include:
- Hyperspace personalizations for outpatient work
- Finding patients
- Finding and using lab base names for personalizations
- Understanding therapy plans
- Exporting billing information
On behalf of the Connect Care Builder Program, we would like to invite clinical informaticians who are part of the builder and analyst communities to participate in an upcoming Builder Master Class. Through these builder-lead sessions, we explore tools available to certified Connect Care Physician and Clinician Builders and analysts.
The March 23, 2022 session will be facilitated online from 1600-1700 by Dr. Rob Hayward.
The session will illustrate how "EpicACT" links can be used to provide Connect Care users with easy access to needed information without breaking clinical workflows. On-demand information and activities can be integrated into common tasks in order to spare users from having to go elsewhere in the chart or to know how to update infrequently accessed data.
The emphasis will be on functional flows uniquely enabled by EpicACT links. Resources explaining how to achieve such effects will be introduced. Topics include:
- Examples of interactive workflows
- Interactive orders
- Interactive documentation
- Interactive sidebars
- EpicACT syntax
- EpicACT categories
- Using EpicACT specifications without links
- Interactive link resources
This week's 1-hour webinars on Tuesday March 15, 2022 (12:00 and 16:00, via Zoom) are facilitated by Rob Hayward, with a focus on inpatient workflows and personalizations. Demonstrated tips include:
- Hyperspace personalizations for inpatient work
- Creating and sharing Custom Patient Lists to support Attending task management, multidisciplinary RAPID rounds and clinical ward rounds
- Patient chart personalizations
- Inpatient sidebar and personalizations
- Sharing SmartText/Phrase personalizations
- Import of Billing Code favourites
- Personal order panel creation and management
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is seeking a Connect Care champion with extensive clinical or health system experience to fill the role of Senior Advisor - Senior Trainer, CMIO (Chief Medical Information Office). This is a position that facilitates the learning required during preparation and implementation of Connect Care. The successful candidate must become certified in Epic and maintain certification. They must also collaborate with the office of the CMIO on the following: develop all learning materials; determine specialized and role-based/generic learning requirements; create certification or assessment programs; implement an overall learning schedule for each user level; and identify ongoing learning after go-live.
The Senior Advisor - Senior Trainer will have extensive experience in clinical roles in the provision of healthcare, or a strong working knowledge and intimate understanding of healthcare delivery. Travel within Alberta and to the United States is required.
This posting closes March 7, 2022.
For more information and to apply:
A new series of Super User development sessions is offered in the weeks leading up to Connect Care Launch 4. These 1-hour webinars are offered twice (12:00 and 16:00) to help with scheduling. The focus is on Super User needs, but the sessions are open to any interested Connect Care user:
- March 1, 2022 - Orientation, External Communication Tools, Manual, Learning Dashboard, Slack
- March 15, 2022 - Inpatient SmartTools, Preference Lists, Configuring User Interface, Patient Lists, Billing, Recording, Exporting
- March 22, 2022 - Therapy Plans, Ambulatory SmartTools, Preference Lists, Billing, Exporting
- March 29, 2022 - In-system communications: In Basket, Sticky Notes, Secure Messaging, Pools
- April 5, 2022 - Patient Movement and Phases of Care
- April 12, 2022 - Dragon Medical One and Mobility Apps
- April 19, 2022 - Charting Etiquette, Minimum Use Norms, Escalation Paths for Non-Compliance
- April 26, 2022 - MyAHS Connect, Provider Portal, and Community considerations
- May 3, 2022 - Complex Workflows (Referrals, Consults, Lists and Navigators)
- May 13, 2022 - Orientation to Command Structure, Submitting a Ticket, Ticket Flow
We've previously posted about an upgrade and reorganization of the "JIRA" project management tool used by builders and clinical system designers to support their Connect Care work.
Preparations have progressed and launch of the new JIRA implementation occurs March 8, 2022. This becomes the single repository for intake, tracking, assessment, prioritization and project management for enhancements and optimizations of the Connect Care clinical information system.
A change freeze, from Monday February 28 to Tuesday March 8 will allow the final integration steps to proceed. The following projects will be available in a read-only state during that time:
- Connect Care CSI Register (CSIR)
- CSD Clinical Documentation (CSDCD)
- CSD Clinical Knowledge Topics (CSDCKT)
- CSD Foundational Knowledge (CSDFK)
- CSD Inquiry Support (CSDIS)
No new tickets can be entered, and no existing tickets can be modified during the change freeze.
Please direct questions to: ConnectCare.JIRA@ahs.ca.
- CSI Register
- CSD Clinical Documentation
- CSD Clinical Knowledge Topics
- CSD Foundational Knowledge
- CSD Inquiry Support
- Data review and clean-up continues in the five phase 1 JIRA projects to prepare for migration of their contents to the new consolidated project, emphasizing closing completed tickets and removing inter-project duplicates.
- Identify and reconsider any alternate tools that may be used by specific groups to track Connect Care improvement work, as these should all move to the harmonized JIRA instance.
- Contact ConnectCare.JIRA@ahs.ca with questions about the transition.
- Handbook: JIRA